Each weekday, we at YouTube Trends take a look at the most interesting videos and cultural phenomena on YouTube as they develop. We want take a moment to highlight some of what we've come across this week:
- We studied how local TV commercials have become a new (comedy) art form.
- We saw tense and dramatic scenes from the "Occupy" protest in Oakland.
- We reflected on the video trend of children using tablet devices.
- We saw flood videos coming in from around the world.
- We looked at how GOP candidate Herman Cain had the trending campaign video of the week.
- We admired dazzling footage of the Northern Lights as scene from a number of places across the globe.
- We collected videos from the earthquake in Turkey.
- And this seemed to be the most shared Halloween video of the week:
Check back every day for the latest about what's trending on YouTube at: www.YouTube.com/Trends
Kevin Allocca, YouTube Trends Manager, recently watched "Japanese Monkey Potato Feeding Frenzy."