Each weekday, we at YouTube Trends take a look at the most interesting videos and cultural phenomena on YouTube as they develop. We want take a moment to highlight some of what we've come across this week:
- We studied a trend of popular composite videos created from photos taken in space.
- We collected some of the popular Rosh Hashanah music video parodies being watched during the Jewish New Year.
- We looked at how U.S. "X Factor" contestant Chris Rene jumped to popularity.
- CBS News' The Feed examined the rising phenomenon of globally-popular Russian cat videos.
- We tracked footage being posted from the "Occupy Wall Street" protests in NYC.
- And this Carlsberg prank from Belgium became a global hit:
Check back every day for the latest about what's trending on YouTube at: www.YouTube.com/Trends
Kevin Allocca, YouTube Trends Manager, recently watched "29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time!."